M. Sc. Meng Wang
"Experimental study on the production of rhyolites from basaltic sources in the bimodal Snake River Plain - Yellowstone province"
PhD: Igneous Petrology and geochemistry, China University of Geosciences, Beijing, 2010 - 2015.
Thesis: Studies on melt inclusions in apatite from Damiao Fe-Ti-P oxide deposit associated with anorthosite massif, China.
B.Sc., Gemology, China University of Geosciences, Beijing, 2006-2010.
02/2015 - now: PhD student at the Leibniz Universität Hannover (LUH)
09/2013 - 09/2014: CSC scholarship holder at Helmholtz-Zentrum Potsdam (GFZ), Germany.
5/2011 - 11/2012: Teaching assistant at the microscope lab, State Key Laboratory of Geological Processes and Mineral Resources (GPMR) China University of Geosciences (Beijing).
- experimental study
- silicate liquid immscibility
- melt inclusions
- layered intrusions and magma chamber processes
- 2016: China Postdoctoral Science Foundation Grant
- 2013: National Scholarship for Graduate Students, China.
- 2012: Prize of the 'Li Si-Guang Excellent Graduates' (The number of the prize recipient is within 6 persons every year in China)